Are you enrolling your child in a primary school here in Australia? Do you want to know what are the requirements needed by the school?

Here are the following tips when enrolling your child in a public school in Australia.

    1. You have to go the nearest primary school in your area. The admin/registrar will ask your address because they need to know if you are in their zone. So you might need to provide a proof of address like bank statement, electricity bill and the like.
    2. If they already confirmed that you are in their zone, they will give you the enrollment form to fill up. You have to supply all the necessary information they need regarding your child and your family as well.
    3. You may need to ask them if your child can start to go to school as soon as you have completed all the things that your child needs. Sometimes they forgot to tell you so you better ask them.
    4. After filling up the form that they gave you, you have to bring it back to the registrar together with all the requirements that they will ask you to submit. The requirements are child’s immunization record, passport and birth certificate. And you have to pay the miscellaneous fee which include books, notebook, pens, pencils, and all the materials your child need in their study. It may take 1-2 weeks before your child gets all of the materials because they need to order it first.
    5. As soon as you have completed all of the enrollment, they will give you the name of the shop where you can buy your child’s uniform. If they don’t you might need to ask them for there are only few shop that sells uniform and quite hard to find.

You will spend at least $300 for the set of complete summer uniform for boys (bag and shoes not included). In my son’s case, we didn’t buy him a new bag (with school logo) since it is not compulsory or necessary. Same with the shoes. Please note that the price may change if your child is a girl.

If you are a busy person, you might need to buy the winter uniform too together with the summer uniform.  Just a friendly reminder, buy 1 or 2 size bigger so you don’t have to buy another set the next time.

Be reminded that the primary school in Australia didn’t provide school canteen, so you have to prepare your child’s lunch and snack every morning.

Your child are all set and ready for school!!!

Send them everyday with your prayer and love!

Proverbs 22:6 – Start children off on the way they should go,
    and even when they are old they will not turn from it.


Converting your foreign driver’s licence to Australian driver’s licence is not that hard and greatly depends on the country where you get your licence from.

For example, me and my husband got our licence from South Korea. Since it is included in the country where the Australian government honored the driving experience, we can just convert our licence from Korean to Australian full driver licence.

Here are the step by step procedure on how to convert your Korean driver licence to Australian one.

  1. You need to go to an accredited licence translator to translate your Korean driver’s licence. It will take about 5 working days before you can get the translation. We availed the services of Victorian Interpreting and Translating Service (VITS) which is located in 7/620 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000.
  2. Go to to reserve a schedule to your nearest Vicroads office. You may need to have a credit or debit card because you will have to pay certain amount for the reservation fee through online application.
  3. When you already got your translation and a reservation date, head to the Vicroad office and bring your passport, original foreign driver’s licence, translation document, registration form (from Vicroad website) filled up, your proof of address, ——  and one more identification card with your name on it (they will acknowledge your debit card as long as it has your name on it.
  4. And once you are on the office, you don’t have to get number since you already have an appointment online. Just sit down and wait for you name to be called.
  5. After your name be called just present all the necessary requirement, the officer will ask you to read something on the paper in front of you that is actually an eye test already. They will also ask whether you want a 3-year or a 10-year licence because from there it will depend on how much you are going to pay.
  6. You will be ask to wait for your name to be called again to another counter where you will pay the driver’s licence and after that you will go to another counter for the taking of your photo.
  7. After all of the procedures, they will give you the receipt and the temporary licence. You are now ready to drive!

And that’s it, you will be waiting 2-3 weeks to get your driving licence card, it will be send to you via mail.  Please note that this procedure is only for Korean drivers licence to Australian drivers licence conversion only, Some foreign drivers licence conversion may be different so you have to check the Vicroads website regarding your circumstance.


How to Apply for Tax File Number in Australia

April 1, 2017

One of the important things that you should do after settling in Australia is applying for tax file number (Tax File Number). It is one of the requirements needed in your employment and claiming family tax benefits in Centrelink. As a permanent resident of Australia, you can only apply TFN when you are actually permanently […]

Read the full article →

How to Register in Centrelink and Apply Medicare

March 24, 2017

Last February 27, 2017 (Monday), we went to Centrelink in Werribee CBD. We were accompanied by our family friend Ate Gigi. It was not that difficult registering in Centrelink. Upon entering the premises, you should fall in line. And when it is your turn, tell the officer what you want like registering to Centrelink and […]

Read the full article →

Our First Week of Living in Australia

March 3, 2017

Yeah you read it right. We have been living now in Australia and it’s now on our first week. We arrived here in February 23. Our first flight was from Manila to Sydney via Cebu Pacific. The flight was around 12:10 in the morning so we arrived in NAIA Terminal 3 around 9 in the […]

Read the full article →

How Much Money to Bring During your Initial Entry or Vacation to Australia

November 9, 2016

In my opinion, the money you need to bring to Australia during your initial entry greatly depends on your lifestyle and the places you are planning to visit. To give you a real life example, my family brought around AUD 5,000 for our 10-day vacation. It is our budget for the whole 10-day stay in […]

Read the full article →

Highlights from Our Melbourne Tour

October 12, 2016

After spending 4 days in Sydney, we flew from Sydney Domestic Airport to Melbourne via Tiger Air which I think has the cheapest domestic air fare in Australia based from my comparison to other airlines like Jet Star and Virgin. The travel from Sydney to Melbourne was only 1 hour 15 minutes. I would say […]

Read the full article →

Highlights from Our Sydney Trip

October 8, 2016

On September 10, 2016, we have first landed in Australian soil at Sydney International Airport. The travel from Korea to Australia took one day because of an 8-hour layover in Kuala Lumpur via AirAsia airline. The flight was not that difficult but because of long distance, it is really tiring. Thank God for the strength and […]

Read the full article →

Preparing for Your Initial Entry in Australia:Things to Consider

October 1, 2016

After receiving your visa grant, one of the most important things you need to do is to prepare for your initial entry. This is applicable only to people who will stay in Australia for a short moment, maybe for few weeks, and then will return back to their previous country where they came from. Your […]

Read the full article →

How to Apply for Bank Account Before Going to Australia

September 24, 2016

One of the most important things that you should do after your visa grant is applying for an Australian bank account which you can use to deposit money from overseas. It is not advisable to bring all of your cash when you move or settle in Australia due to safety when travelling from one point […]

Read the full article →